Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Insanity Day 3: Cardio Power and Resistance

Today was Day 3 of Insanity.  The video was Cardio Power and Resistance.  It is 40 minutes, and, of course, it was intense!
My legs were still sore from yesterday's workout.  It is kind of a good feeling, though, knowing that I've worked hard.
I got into my target heart rate zone during the warm up again.  I look forward to the stretching that comes after that intense warm up! 
The first move in the first circuit is power jumps.  The power jumps weren't too tough to do, but I could not keep up with some of the people in the video...there were a couple of people who were jumping like frogs in the second and third sets! 
It was nice that Shaun T shows how to get into the correct position for some of the moves.  Otherwise, I would be doing them wrong, I'm sure.
The second circuit has "Moving Push Ups," which were pretty tough.  I had to take several breaks, and couldn't go as fast as the people in the video.  I was able to get some in, though!
I felt like there were a lot more "jumping-type" moves in this workout.  That must be the "Power" part of it.
This workout went a lot faster than the Plyometric Cardio Circuit, it seemed, but I felt like it was more difficult at the same time.  It was a great feeling knowing I got through the workout.  The feeling after these workouts is exhilarating.

No comments:

Post a Comment