Friday, April 19, 2013

A Little Bit About My Past and Present

I am a single mother of a wonderful boy who is now four years old.  I work full time during the day, and enjoy spending my off time with my son.  I am very happy with my life right now.  I have a supportive family and a supportive group of friends.
I was quite athletic in high school, highly involved in martial arts and swimming, as well as other sports.
I wasn't always so happy or healthy.  I had a long-time boyfriend during college who frequently put me down and tried to drag me down into his lifestyle.  When I tried to get out of the relationship, he told me I wouldn't e able to make it without him, and for a long time I believed him.  He was wrong! 
Luckily, my family and friends were supportive and helped me gain the confidence and strength to get out and become the person I am today...a much more happy and successful person.
I graduated college and have a job that allows me to support my family.
I have learned to work out a good schedule for exercising to maintain physical health, and work toward my evolving fitness goals.  I recently completed a full round of Insanity, and lost 15 lbs. during that time. It took a while to get where I am, and there were a lot of ups and downs, but I am happy where I'm at right now.  I would have never thought I could be capable of completing such a program.  Although I am happy with the goal I have achieved, I have set new goals, and am excited to achieve them.
I love to cook and try new recipes and foods, especially ones that can be healthy and tasty!  Hopefully I can find some good ones to share.  I have learned that nutrition has been a huge part of how I achieved my goal, and I know it plays a huge part in being well.  If a person doesn't fuel their body right, not only can it affect their physical health, but mental health as well.
I am not extreme in any way with regard to opinions on what should or should not be done/ate, etc.  I just do what I can and try to find what works for me.  I hope that some of what I share on this blog can work for others, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment