Friday, May 3, 2013

Insanity Day 5: Pure Cardio

Pure Cardio was tough, but not as bad as I thought it would be.  After the warmup and stretch, you only do each move once, so I know next time I can go all out on each move without burning myself out by the third round like I might in the other videos.  There are a lot of different moves in this workout.  I felt the hardest was the Level 2 Drills, just because I can't go that fast with push ups yet.  Someday, I hope I will be able to!
It's also reassuring to see some of the people in the video taking breaks/needing breaks.  They are real people, and while I still push myself, I see that it is ok to take a break instead of doing something wrong or hurting myself by pushing too hard.
The video is less than 40 minutes, and I was in my heart rate zone for 17 minutes 35 seconds.  I will probably try to push myself a little harder next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment