Thursday, May 16, 2013


Foot Pain During Insanity? Have you tried going barefoot?

 

I love Insanity, but when I started it, I would have terrible foot pain before the warm up was even complete.  I had to stop, take my shoes off, massage my feet, and then get my shoes back on to try to continue the workout.  Usually the pain came back right away, and sometimes was unbearable.

I was looking around for solutions to the problem, asking people, searching the web, I even tried five different pairs of shoes!  I found a forum where others were having the same problem.  The solution many came up with was to GO BAREFOOT!  Voila! No foot pain!  Now, I do all of my insanity workouts barefoot.   I also do Les Mills Combat barefoot, and the cardio-style videos of P90X barefoot.

This may not be the solution for everyone, but for me, it worked.  I have not had foot pain since.   The place I work out in is very thin carpet, but, surprisingly, I have had no issues with other joint pain (some people warned that you wouldn’t have the cushion provided by the shoes).    I practice martial arts and was a gymnast when I was younger, so it is possible that my body was just more used to doing those kinds of movements barefoot.  I can run, do TurboFire, and all kinds of other things with shoes on and have no troubles.  For some reason, though, I have to do Insanity barefoot.  It just shows again how we are all a little different….my sister and all of my friends who do Insanity have no foot issues while doing Insanity with her shoes on.   They think I am crazy for doing it barefoot, but I am not the only one.  I’m just glad there was a solution that worked for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment